Friday, October 30, 2015

Time Warp

It feels funny posting on this blog. It's been just about four years since my last post and roughly five years since my beloved Camp Hope blogging community was active.

Time Flies.
Things Change.
Some Don't.

On the one hand, I cringe because I sounded like such a dork in so many of this blog's posts. Also, for having been immortalized as the eternal optimist among my friends, I am slightly shocked how many times I wrote completely depressing things. I guess we all have our moments.

On the other hand, this thing is such a time capsule! So many amazing memories. Some I remember, others I feel like I could be living for the first time as I read them. Peculiar feeling.

Some things change:

* I would like to think I am cooler than the teen-aged Sarah in all the posts below (that of course, is up for debate. A debate I might lose, at that. Ah well).

*I am now 22... 23 in almost two months. Yikes.

*Currently working at two jobs- the library and as a housekeeper in a nursing home- love them!

*Contact with the majority of the original bloggers on my side bar has become limited or lost. Miss that crew!

*Since my last post here, I have obtained a car and go on wonderful hiking and camping adventures throughout Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. Woohoo! Living my dream :)

Some things don't:

*Still in my lovable tiny town in the middle-of-nowhere Washington.

*I still am in semi-regular contact with some of the Camp Hopies. A few of them (Lucy, Laurel, Dexter, Nate) live near me. Others I've visited in the last year or two on vacations (the Tillamook crew and the Oak Harbor bunch), and some (the deRu brothers- Nick and Jacob) were kind enough to drive long distances and have crazy camping/hiking adventures with me this summer (you guys rock, and I hope we meet again).

*I am still short. 5'2. Big shocker. But it sure does come in handy sometimes :)

*Still a writer! I make weekly posts over on www.captured-yet-fleeting.blogspot.com. Also considering making a blog of my outdoor adventures, but have yet to set it up.

*Zach and I are still dating. That dude is fantastic.

*Still a photographer... but now I actually make some money for it! Yay!

*Still a dork. But hopefully not as bad of one as I was in high school :P


....So why am I bothering to post on a dead blog?

I am not sure. Maybe it isn't dead. Maybe I am the lifeblood of this mostly-in-a-coma blogging community. I doubt I will post here often, but hey, why not every once in a while for old times' sake? I always have loved a tad bit of nostalgia here and there.

No comments: